Varicose Veins / Spider Veins Treatment in New City Rockland County, NY
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose Veins generally form in the legs. Varicose Veins develop when a person has weak valves and walls of the veins, which causes blood to accumulate in the veins. This accumulation increases the pressure in the veins, and they develop into bloated and enlarged veins. Varicose Veins Treatment is possible with minimally invasive treatment methods.
What’s important to know?
We can’t say that there is any particular reason of spider veins, yet heredity, aging and hormonal imbalances can be considered as the primary factors. Whereas pregnancy, sun damage and trauma can also be the main factors contributing to the condition. Studies show that more women than men have spider veins. It also tells that more than 40% of women get spider veins as they age.
Factors that can increase a person’s risk of developing spider veins include:
- Heredity: Up to 90 per cent of people with spider veins have a family history of them.
- Being older: The valves in veins get weaker with age.
- Being Pregnant: The extra weight of the fetus places more pressure on leg veins during pregnancy. Spider veins may disappear after pregnancy, but they can also be permanent.
- Being a Woman: Spider veins tend to form in women more than men.
- Being Obese: increasing body weight places added pressure on leg and its veins.
- Having Hormonal imbalances/problems: Hormonal birth control and hormonal treatments for menopause may increase the risk of spider veins because estrogen can weaken vein valves.
- Standing for longer periods of time: In a standing position, veins in the legs need to pump the blood harder toward the heart.
- History of a blood clot or vein damage: Tiny blood vessels bursting can damage the valves and make them unable to work properly.
- Sun damage: Ultraviolet rays from the sun damage the skin. It can cause broken blood vessels or spider veins, particularly on the face.
Sclerotherapy/ Best Spider Veins Treatment
The treatment of spider veins / varicose veins is safe and easy. The treatment named as Sclerotherapy, is the amazing treatment for spider veins. In the procedure of treatment of spider veins / Sclerotherapy, the doctor administers the injection with a saline solution that scars and closes those veins. The Sclerotherapy causes the blood to reroute through healthier veins. Treated spider veins start vanishing and in a few weeks amazing results can be seen. Yet there is a possibility that the same vein may need to be injected more than once. Sclerotherapy which is the best Spider veins treatment is usually very effective if done correctly.
The Procedure of the Treatment Spider Veins :
Procedure of Spider Veins Treatment involves injecting the medicine into leg veins smaller than 3 mm (usually called spider veins), followed by compression for 2-3 days after treatment of spider veins and 5 to 7 days after treatment of reticular veins. Repeated sessions may be required to fully get rid of spider veins every 1-2 weeks.
Spider veins Treatment doesn’t require anaesthesia and can be done in doctor’s office. Spider veins Treatment Side effects don’t have any serious effect, however, it might include swelling, itching and skin color changes in the treated area.
There is a great chance that you get improvement in appearance after having Spider Veins / Varicose Veins Treatment – Sclerotherapy.
The Cost of Spider Veins Treatment:
Cost of Spider Veins Treatment depends on the amount of time spent, which can be assessed before treatment.