What is Botox for Hyperhidrosis Treatment
Botulinum Toxin “A” is a protein and neurotoxin. For cosmetic purposes it is FDA approved for hyper-functional lines in Glabellar Region (wrinkles between the eye brows/frown lines), Crow’s feet (lateral areas of the eyes), forehead wrinkles, however botulinum toxin A may be used for other facial areas. It’s usually diluted with FDA recommended diluent and injected with a very thin needle making the procedure painless.Clients may feel slight burning while the solution is being injected. Procedure takes about 15-20 min “. Results generally last for 3-4 months for facial aesthetics , however it does last for 8-10 months when used in axillary area for hyperhidrosis.
Botox can also be used for neck bands in additon to facial aesthetics.
After repeated use , time prolongs because of additive effect of botox on muscles.
Some of the most common complications which might occur are
- Post treatment redness, swelling , bruising & discomfort.
- Post treatment fungal or bacterial infection which might need further treatment.
- Allergic reaction.
- Minor temporary droop of eyelid, eyebrows or corner of the mouth that usually lasts 2-3 wks.
- Transient headache.
- Double vision.
- Flu like symptoms might occur.
- Known significant risks have been disclosed, yet the theoretical risks of unknown complication does exist.
- Long term effects of botulinum toxin A injections are unknown.
- Avoid taking aspirin , NSAIDS ( motrin / ibuprofen ) , ginger , vitamin E , Ginkgo Biloba , Ginseng & garlic 10-14 days prior to procedure. These herbs & drugs can cause excessive bleeding or bruising.
- If you have an event coming up, it is recommended to schedule your treatment approx 2 wks in advance.
- Do not use Botulinum Toxin A if you are pregnant or breast-feeding , allergic to any ingredient of it.
- Apply a cold compress to the area treated without compression as it reduces swelling and potential for bruising. Avoid massaging to area of treatment to prevent dispersion of toxin to undesirable areas.
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for 3-4 hours after treatment. It takes approximately 30 min to 2 hrs for the toxin to bind with the nerve terminal and start working. We don’t want the unbound toxin to move to parts of body were its not needed by vigorous activity, however you can resume your other normal activities.
- Avoid bending over or lying down for 3-4 hrs after the procedure as this may allow dispersion of toxin.
- Facial exercises in the injected areas are recommended for 1 hrs after the procedure to stimulate binding only in the localized area. (Frowning, squinting, raising your eye brows)
- Results can take up to 2-10 days to take full effect although many people will recognize the benefit in 30 min to 5 days.
- You might take Tylenol / acetaminophen if you feel discomfort, avoid aspirin / Motrin / ibuprofen as it can increase the bruising.
- Avoid alcohol for 24-48 hrs after procedure as it can cause increased bruising and swelling.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness / swelling has subsided. Apply SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to treatment area.
- It is recommended to discontinue Retin –A for 24 hrs to the treated area to avoid redness and irritation.
Get rid of heavy underarm sweating and save yourself from embarrassment , quick and easy procedure.
1 Unit ——————————– $10
20 Unit ——————————– $180
40Unit ——————————– $350
60Unit ——————————– $510