- February 1, 2017
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Blissful Me MedSpa
Why is Sclerotherapy the Best Treatment for Small Varicose and Spider Veins?
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment used to reduce the appearance of spider veins and small varicose veins on the legs. The sclerotherapy procedure is fast, taking half an hour or less to complete. It begins by elevating the leg being treated. This is necessary to drain blood from the veins. Next, the targeted veins are injected with a special solution. This solution causes the spider or varicose veins to close, gradually fading over time. Although the procedure is non-invasive and most patients don’t require anesthesia, some may feel a brief cramping or burning sensation when the solution is injected. Once the injections are completed, pressure is applied to the veins to help close them and prevent blood from reentering.
“Most patients don’t require a recovery period after sclerotherapy. Wearing compression stockings for a few days or weeks after treatment is generally recommended. These stockings keep pressure on the veins, helping to keep them closed as they heal. Patients are also encouraged to walk after treatment as bed rest can lead to complications. However, strenuous exercise should be avoided for a few days after sclerotherapy. Full results may take three weeks to four months to develop. Some patients may require additional treatments to achieve their desired results.”
The Benefits of Sclerotherapy!
Patients who feel insecure about showing their legs due to spider or varicose veins can enjoy wearing shorts and skirts once again after sclerotherapy treatment. Sclerotherapy offers many benefits to those looking to reduce the appearance of spider veins or varicose veins, including:
- Treatment is quick: Sclerotherapy treatment is quick, usually taking about a half hour or less to complete.
- Non-surgical: No surgery is required with sclerotherapy treatment; instead a tiny needle is used to inject a solution into the desired vein.
- No recovery time needed: Most patients are able to return to their regular activities after sclerotherapy treatment with no need for downtime to recover.
- Any pain is short lived: Patients who experience pain during sclerotherapy generally find the pain or discomfort to be minimal and short lived, occurring only when the vein is injected with the sclerosant solution.
- Eliminates unsightly veins: Sclerotherapy can reduce the appearance of spider veins and small varicose veins, transforming the appearance of the legs.
- Helps increase confidence: Patients who feel self-conscious about spider veins and varicose veins can regain a sense of confidence after sclerotherapy treatment.